It is mandatory for all Indian citizens who have valid PAN and Aadhar Numbers. According to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the Income Tax Department has announced that people who have PAN Cards and Aadhar Cards need to link both. The process of the PAN Aadhar card link is very simple and you can do this process without paying any fee if this process is done before the given last date.
The board has extended the PAN Aadhar link process date from 31st March 2023 to 30th June 2023. After this date, you will have to pay a late fee of Rs 10000 for making a request to link your PAN with an Aadhar Card on the official website. Below we have attached all the processes and steps to link PAN with an Aadhar card online and you must follow the steps to do this process in time.
PAN Aadhar Link
Everyone has a valid PAN card number and Aadhar card number which is mandatory for all citizens of India. The Aadhar card is commonly used for every process related to the government and is a unique identifier that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Now the government has made it mandatory to link your PAN Card so that the department will identify the people who pay income tax on time or other facilities will also be provided after your PAN Aadhar card link is done successfully. The department has issued a statement that if you have not done the PAN Aadhar linking process by the given last date 30th June 2023, then the PAN card will become inactive from 1st July 2023. So you have to make sure that your PAN card is linked with Aadhar.
Here in this article, we are going to provide how to link PAN Aadhar and how to know the PAN Aadhar card link status. So it will be very easy when you will link your PAN with your Aadhar card then a popup window will open. You need to enter your PAN number and Aadhar card number to check the status. If the linking process is completed then a pop-up will open with the PAN AADHAAR card link status, else you have to link your PAN AADHAAR card on the same website on the given last date. For the details, you can visit this article till the end and gather the updates available here.
What if I Do Not Link Aadhar with PAN till 30th June 2023?
CBDT has made it mandatory for all to link their Aadhar with their PAN by 30th June 2023. The deadline has been extended from 30th March 2023 to 30th June 2023 and the department has given a deadline to all those persons to do this process otherwise all are liable for all consequences under the Act for such failure. The implications are as follows;
- The person will not be able to file a return using an inoperative PAN
- Pending returns will not be processed
- Refund pending for inoperative PAN cannot be issued
- Once the PAN is deactivated, the pending action in case of a defective return cannot be completed
- Since the PAN becomes inoperative, the tax will be deducted at a higher rate
Importance of PAN Aadhar Card Link
There is much importance given by the department which linked Aadhar with PAN on the given date. Through Aadhar Card the returns filed by the people can be easily tracked and multiple PAN cards can also be resolved within a given time period. To avoid such refund issues, both registered and unregistered users can link their Aadhar with their PAN. The online process will be done in both pre-login and post-login mode on the e-filing portal.
In case of not linking the Aadhar to PAN then the Income Tax Return will not be processed by the department and the user can not get the further summarized details of taxes for future reference. So you have to do this process of PAN Aadhar Card Link and know the status of an Already Linked Aadhar Card with PAN Card on the e-Filling Portal Online. Here we have provided some steps that can use to do this process and know the PAN Aadhar Link Status online.
When is the PAN Aadhar Link Process Not Mandatory?
There are some criteria by which you are exempted from PAN Aadhar Card Link. You should gather the update below.
- If you are an NRI,
- Person Residents of Assam, Meghalaya, and Jammu & Kashmir,
- A person with Foreign Nationals Residing in India,
- Senior Citizens more than 80 Years Old at any time duration the financial year.
Steps to Check PAN Aadhar Card Link Status
- First of all, you have to visit the Taxes e Filling Portal.
- After that, you have to see a window to enter the PAN and Aadhar Card Numbers.
- Then you have to enter the valid Aadhar Card Number and PAN Number in the given section.
- Now you have to click on the status check online option.
- If your Aadhar Card is Linked to your PAN Number then a popup window will show already linked.
- Otherwise, they will show not Linked and provide an option to link Aadhar with PAN Card by following the below steps.
Steps to Link Aadhar Card with PAN Card
- First of all, need to log in to the e-Filling Portal Online.
- Then you have to choose the Link Aadhar to PAN Option.
- Now you have to enter your PAN and Aadhar Card Number.
- Soon you will get an OTP on the registered mobile number linked to your Aadhar and PAN Numbers.
- Verify the OTP and the portal will redirect the details to UIDAI to verify.
- Soon you can follow the above steps to check your PAN Aadhar Link Status Online.
PAN Aadhar Card Link Status – FAQs
If you want to know if your PAN Card is Linked to your Aadhar Card then can visit the e-Filling Portal and follow the instructions given there.
It is necessary for everyone to link an Aadhar card with a PAN card to avoid PAN card inactive status.
It is not possible to proceed with the e-Return without PAN Aadhar Card Link. So you have to enroll for the Aadhar Card and then Link it to your PAN Card and then you would be able to proceed with the e-Return.